The social service participates in the interdisciplinary team and is called to work with it in order to serve the request of the individual / family in accordance with the principles and methods of social work.
The role of the social service is to:
- Receive the social history of the person who goes to the office and records it in a file
- Inform and support the work and goals of the office and directs anyone interested to make use of the benefits provided
- Undertake the organisation of the office and the systematic cooperation with the families / individuals it serves
- Inform and promote the social rights of those served
- Liaise with health services and other health and well-being bodies
- Refer individuals for their best possible service and treatment to the appropriate body
- Participate and collaborate with the community.